What is ViNA
The NZ Viticultural Nursery Association (ViNA) has a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with New Zealand Winegrowers to enable a range of collaborative activities that support the recognition of the importance of establishing high health and enduring vineyards.
Grafted Grapevine Standard (GGS)
Recognising the importance of high quality vines and the longevity of vineyards, NZ Winegrowers developed a Grafted Grapevine Standard (GGS) and an associated certification program which has the objective of minimising the probability of infected material being released to the industry.
ViNA is currently made up of 7 participating nurseries, all of whom supply grapevines produced under the GGS certification. Purchasing GGS grapevines gives a grower confidence the vines they are planting are certified as being:
- true to type (ie the Chardonnay vine you order, will be Chardonnay);
- of known virus status (free from Grapevine Leafroll associated virus 3);
- able to conform to minimum physical specifications including, but not limited to; diameter, top growth, graft union;
- able to be traced back to the vines the grafting material was sourced from.
Other ViNA priorities include:
- Consultation on, and participation in relevant components of New Zealand Winegrower’s research strategy; and
- Participation in relevant biosecurity activities.
New Zealand Winegrowers accepts that the individuals included in this list have been trained by recognised ampelographers and are considered Tier 2 Ampelographers for the purposes of the Grafted Grapevine Standard.
Vanilson de Souza
Plant & Food Research
Emma Taylor | Chair
Amy Richardson | Secretary
0800 11 37 47
2021 © Copyright VINA. All rights Reserved.